About Ms. Avalos

Hello students and family of room 413! I am Ms. Avalos, and I am so lucky to be your 6th grade teacher! I am excited to be starting my 3rd year of teaching 6th grade at Camarena Elementary School.

I have always had a passion for teaching and learning. Before starting my teaching career, I was a Math tutor and worked for the YMCA in various after school programs. I attended San Diego State University for my Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree. GO AZTECS!! I was an accountant for 4 years before pursuing my true passion-teaching! I received my Multiple Subject Teaching Credential from National University.

I grew up and still live in Chula Vista. When I’m not teaching, I love camping, spending time at the beach, and finding new hikes with my dog, Gus. I grew up playing sports (soccer, softball, and field hockey) and still love to play any chance I get.

I believe that each child is a unique individual who needs a secure, caring, and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow and mature emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially. It is my goal as an educator to help students meet their fullest potential in these areas by providing an environment that is safe, supports risk-taking, and invites a sharing of ideas. Sixth grade is an exciting time as it is their last year in elementary school. I hope to make your child’s learning experience a fun and exciting one, and I hope to instill a love of learning that will last throughout your child’s years of schooling and adulthood. Here’s to an exciting 2020-2021 school year!